Monday, February 23, 2009

More on Cycling Meccas, and Food

Here is another quick post about cycling Meccas.  I haven't been to Italy, but really want to go.  How can you go wrong?  I don't think you can.  Even the olive oil comes in fancy tins with a bike on them.  





Not only that, this particular olive oil was imported and delivered by none other than Andy Hampsten. With heritage like that, it better be good. Thankfully, it is. My wife and I are on our second tin of this particular oil. I know that three hours into a long ride I start thinking about what I want to eat when I get home. While recovery drinks have their time and place, I am drawn more to wholesome "real" food. My latest food of choice is bread and oil. Simple yet effective.

My next cycling and food installation will be a local surprise. However, I know there are many of you out there with some stories of your own, post them up.

No comments: