Saturday, May 12, 2007

5/12/07 Barking Dog Duathlon

Since I was wearing the Blue Sky colors Saturday at the Barking Dog Duathlon, I thought I would give you an update on my race. It was a 5K, 30K, 5K duathlon. I am now in the 40-44 age group which is tougher then lasts years age group. But, anyway, the Felt F2 was awesome for me.
There were 5 waves and our wave started 2nd to last, so that meant the last 5K run would be hot. I had a goal race finish time of 1:35:00 and I finished in 1:31:38, so I blew my goal out the door. I end up finishing 60thth out of my age group. Yeah tough crowd, these old guys! I rode the 30K in 45:14 which was 41st fastest, so I was happy with that. I did get a cramp in my right calf that slowed me down a little. If that had not happened I would have broke 45 I think. Anyway, it was a good day for me, I did not win anything, but I think I wore the Blue Sky colors pretty well. I have to work on my run a little more. Next Duathlon June 7, 2007. out of 471, so that was not bad, but 13

No comments: