Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Know, It's Not Cyclocross.

I wish I was in Kansas City, I really do.

Never in my life did I think I would say that, come to think of it. Look where bike racing has brought me, folks. A native Coloradan actually wanting to go to Kansas. It's all downhill from here, I can tell. I'm going to start watching NASCAR, eating a lot of barbecue, and thinking wheat is the most beautiful skyline I've ever seen.

But I digress. Anyway, we sad folk left here in Boulder are still managing to ride bikes.

I decided to scope out Heil Ranch today, and see if burying the trail surface under snow makes it a better ride.

First I loaded the Tokyo Cop Car.




Scenery along the road to Heil.


Sadly, the snow on the trail was so deep and soft that there was no traction to be had. The studded Nokians are on the car, not the bike. Hmmm....are my priorities out of whack?

So I opted for some nearby dirt road riding instead, and stopped to do some Christmas shopping.


The roads are super nice, even on a cross bike, so if anyone wants to get out on Sunday, let me know! We can talk NASCAR all day.

By the way, Isaac forgot to mention it, but these fabulous wool pants are the hot new item for our team kit ensemble.

Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow -- open the proverbial can of Whoop Ass, because this is it for cyclocross until 2008. (Is anyone but me having trouble letting go?)

Marty

1 comment:

Pete Galt said...

Great to have you back, Marty!