Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Health Benefits of Neditation

Yeah, you read that right. Ned is open. The Holy Grail overfloweth with beautiful, dry singletrack at 8,000 feet.






And signs of summer are everywhere:





And not a Larimer County sherriff's deputy in sight:







However, the top of the School Bus has an abundance of this:



And eventually it was pretty solid snow, so pushing through to the Toilet Bowl or Elk Poop Loop wasn't possible. And the Mav ended up with a coating of gruesome-looking, baby barf-resembling, mine tailings mud. Yummy.



But the West Mag stuff is perfectly tacky and pump-worthy.

I can't begin to tell you how psyched I am to be mountain biking again! I think I set a record today for the world's slowest circumnavigation of Nederland, but I don't care. It's gorgeous up there and all is well with the world. Word.

I finished my ride the same way these punks did....with some tasty pastries.



Okay, I gotta go wash the baby puke off my shins. If anyone wants to join me for a future Neditation session, I'm down.


As the bumper stickers say: Nederland Rocks the Freak to Freak Highway.

1 comment:

bizalich said...

sweet! i am psyched you did the re-con.

sounds like it's time to hang up the 700c wheels till cross season.

mmm, tasty pastry.