Saturday, June 14, 2008

Blue Sky Sweeps at Winter Park


Hey...I know those guys! It's Roger, Howard and Phil! They stole 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in men's beginner 45-49.

OK, the race, beautiful bluebird Colorado day. Perfect temperature, great comradary. Jessica stayed about a switchback ahead of me the whole race. She finished a minute and 3 seconds ahead for 5th, I was 6th, in our sport cat.

Other Blue Sky racers: Mike Bernhard, Grady Huff, Michael Baraga, Ron Dreasher, Dave Harber (on a single speed!), Charles Musgrave, and of course our fearless leader Darrin Sharp!

I didn't podium, but I got the last raffle- about a $100 dollar value all said and done! We were leaving, already hung out too long after all of the awards were given, just hoping to win something. I was out of earshot, but Charles wasn't...he yelled that they just called me, and I got a prize!

Some other local favorites that did well, but not on Blue Sky: Bob Prieto (my better half) won the men's 40-44. Cat Johnson won overall for Expert Women!

Jess & I will sweep 'em next year. Or we'll be the sweeps. Which is it? I always confuse sayings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go, How; BykPunx still rule!

-e